Vice President of Marketing and Product Management
POSITION AND SCOPE OF THE OPPORTUNITY
Flying behind BendixKing avionics is part and parcel of flying general aviation aircraft. BendixKing has a legacy of extremely high quality products which revolutionized the general aviation industry. Steeped in tradition, it is BendixKing’s existence, dating back to 1911, which has changed the way cockpits are designed and the creature comforts which have become second nature to pilots across the globe.
This is an opportunity for a passionate pilot (a passion for flying cannot be overemphasized), who truly wants to “move the needle” on the cockpit. BendixKing is a consumer products company – with the consumer being the highly skilled pilot – whose mission is to make the cockpit intuitive by truly listening to the voice of the customer when designing products that suit their needs, as well as to innovate products that pilots don’t yet know they can’t live without. The passionate pilot for this role will be granted the opportunity to create products that they themselves see as necessary for the evolution of general aviation – a term BendixKing calls “ideation” (idea-generation).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Passionate active pilot, instrument-rated, and understands the current competitive landscape, with a minimum of 500 flight hours.
- 10 years of experience in Product Marketing, Product Management, Engineering or related field.
- Understand technology from a user’s perspective and the expectations of the customer base.
- Fluent with the challenges of serving large and independent dealers, OEMs and other channels.
- Innate drive and initiative to play a major role in an early-stage organization.
- Results focused with successful record of accomplishments through skilled use of influence, persuasion, negotiation, and problem resolution.
- Excellent team building skills, ability to lead and thrive in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work effectively across a large and complex, global organization.
- Understanding of P&L and other basic financial measures.
- Demonstrated well-structured, disciplined, and organized approach in successfully managing multiple complex programs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage global teams.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at executive level.
- Ability to think strategically, set team goals, and hold team members accountable for execution, monitor progress and achieve results.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
McDermott & Bull Executive Search